Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wish List

So with my recent new career and sort of promotion the wife is giving me the go-ahead to purchase some stuff on my wish list for the Egg...

In peoples opinion is the High-Q a must have? Right now I have on my wish list a wok-spider, cast iron grate and maybe this...

Is there anything else thats price appropriate?
·

Comments

• Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373
    I think my large performs better with a high que. It is good "bang for buck" at aroud $40.
    Benton,Arkansas
    ·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Holy crap...I just figured out what a High Q was.  Definitely going to buy one of those today.

@eddiek76 I really want cast iron and a thermapen.  I think those would be 2 good ones to add to the list.  The  big one I am waiting for is the Adjustable Rig setup from the Ceramic Grill Store.

Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • stranny00stranny00 Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    nm
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,783
    I love the spider and the cast iron grate to sear the steaks close to the fire.  I have a WOK as well but have never used it.  Want to but scared to as I don't have a clue. and don't want a raging fire on my wooden deck.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    robnybbq said:
    I love the spider and the cast iron grate to sear the steaks close to the fire.  I have a WOK as well but have never used it.  Want to but scared to as I don't have a clue. and don't want a raging fire on my wooden deck.
    WIth my other Egg I had the Spider/Wok and used it all the time...No need to be scared :)
    ·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 736

For my large, I didn't have Hi-Q because I didn't think I would need it. I bought it just for my small. In my opinion, the spider/wok/CI grate set up is wonderful for steaks and grilling close to fire so would pick them over Hi-Q.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·