Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Apology for Mr. Charlie Tuna

MrCookingNurse
MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
edited May 2013 in Off Topic
Charlie, this is a public apology for calling you out on a thread a week or so ago. It was uncalled for and immature.

Also, please do not take any "disagree" personal. It is nothing against you. I, nor many others on here, do not know you and will more than likely never meet you. It is simply because your comment was 1. Off topic, 2. I truly disagree with it, not who wrote it.

Just a small piece of advice I'd like to give you, your first post on a number of people's thread is:

"I do that this way"
"That is wrong because of this"

You say that they are to point newbs toward the right direction, but because of this trend, it causes some of us to snap back and usually does come across as a negative comment for a thread that is a great cook and would lead most newbs not to post because they aren't doing things "your way".

I'm not calling you out, but posting this publicly to just try and ease some of the tension I have caused about you and give you some insight into how I and others take some of your comments.

You have some great cooks, great advice, and are a good resource for newbs, but at times come across negative and you appear not to see why some of us disagree with you.

Fwiw, I truly mean this as a help toward a fellow egger, an apology, and a treaty to move forward on.

XLBGE 

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I concur.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple
    VI... I prefer pimp slap. Cooking nurse, keep your pimp hand strong.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited May 2013
    henapple said: VI... I prefer pimp slap. Cooking nurse, keep your pimp hand strong.

I like to think of myself as a kinder, gentler, and meek person.  So,
    **** slapping is my preference.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• henapple
    That's me in Salado..
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    BigGreenBamaGriller Posts: 629
    edited May 2013

Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    I think I remember the hat...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    henapple said:

That's me in Salado..

So when's the lump train coming through my area??

XLBGE 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    henapple said:
    That's me in Salado..

Not only did I not meet you in Salado, I definitely didn't even see you from a distance. =))

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• henapple
    Mcn... The plan is to head to Louisiana next Monday... I'll go through b'ham, Tuscaloosa, meridian, etc...
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2013
    You're a good man, MCN.  One reason I like this forum is that most of us are not afraid to call somebody out if they need it.  On the other forum, nastiness is reserved for "non family" members.

Here, we have Equal Opportunity **** Slapping.
    @Lawn Chair,
    I've had exchanges with "family and nonfamily".  One must meet a certain criteria for me to engage.  Sometimes with your psychological disorder, you meet that criteria.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Village Idiot
    Thanks Focker.  I love to read messages from folks like you that put Bible verses in their signatures then spout hate.  When you mouth off on the other forum about how non innovative the people here are, remember that some of us read the other forum.

But, let's hold hands and sing "Kumbaya".  We want to learn from you.  Please post some pictures of cooks you've done.  I've never seen any.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Not to interrupt the egg "internal temp of 600F and still rising" here and be "burned" but I'm just wondering when everyone keeps mentioning "the other forum." Which "other forum" are we talking about? Just curious since I didn't know :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2013

Where have I spouted hate?

And who are you to judge me?

I didn't mouth off, you made an incorrect statement.  It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out a forum that has been around longer, with eggers who have egged longer, may have a little more eggsperience and knowledge.   Coming over, and stating your "in your face" forum is better, with "more inventive and imaginative eggers" is not my idea of an olive branch.

Then, when questioned, you fold up.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    @bbqlearner it would be www.greeneggers.com Not all the folks are as welcoming as the ones here and can be "cliquey" I'm going to leave it at that.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Village Idiot
    Focker said:

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out a forum that has been around longer, with eggers who have egged longer, may have a little more eggsperience and knowledge.   

You're sure making a lot of friends here, Reverend.  Again, I ask you to teach us "newbies" how to cook.  I've just never seen anything from you.  I've made a few pitiful attempts myself, and they can be found at http://willsononline.com/bbq .
    As far as "folding up", yeah.  But I request that you ask Stike for another zinger.  Using his is so "non-innovative".
    No more comments to this born again Egger from me.  I fold.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    ok. Please tell me I'm not the only one to find it: 1) ironic 2) funny 3) kind of expected that on OT apology turned to this? 

Count me in! 
    torch <-> heat gun <-> alcohol <-> electric <-> starter cubes <-> rock & flint <-> magnifying glass & sunlamp!!!!!!

MCN: takes a big man........  

=D>
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    edited May 2013
    (ignore this post, mistakenly posted on wrong thread :) )
    Pentwater, MI
  • Village Idiot
    You want to talk about hilarious irony? How about VI giving welcome messages to new members with an avatar flipping the bird? That is superb irony!
    Fred,
    You're confusing irony with class.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    edited May 2013

remember that some of us read the other forum.

I lurk the other forum but do not post.

Your post did seem like an olive branch to me.

My .02 cents (and I know no one asked): I would go to that forum to make a post about forums.  I go here to post about food and egging.

FWIW I have not seen anything more creative or innovative over there when the topic IS food.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    This was a fun read. I enjoyed the greeneggers thread too. Dark side and everything.

I get a little bit of the "can't see the forest for the trees" from many of the comments over there. "Corporate" this, "Bi" that.But what do I know?... I am no professional.
  • Village Idiot
    henapple said:
    That's me in Salado..
    Are you the one on the left or right?

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • henapple

henapple said:

That's me in Salado..

I've had three comments typed in and didn't post... I might have to cross the line though.

You're in the shiznit stirring mood today. Don't make me come down there and pimp slap you. Well,we have not had a good pissing match for a few weeks... I was getting ready to unload on someone just to get it started buy mcn beat me to it.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    henapple said:
    henapple said:
    That's me in Salado..
    I've had three comments typed in and didn't post... I might have to cross the line though. You're in the shiznit stirring mood today. Don't make me come down there and pimp slap you. Well,we have not had a good pissing match for a few weeks... I was getting ready to unload on someone just to get it started buy mcn beat me to it.
    What a tool!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Yes! This is awesome. Can't believe I missed it. Now I gotta go log in over there and follow this $h*t storm from the beginning. I'm just glad I didn't start it (not really).

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX