Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

chia seeds

so I have to ask, I know I will take crap for this, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried chia seeds. I have read the good, bad, and the ugly. what I am wondering about is if anyone has used them and what they experianced with the use of them?

Comments

• r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    I guess I don't know what a chia seed is.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    r270ba said:
    I guess I don't know what a chia seed is.
    its the seed of the chia pet, you know you grow hair on the head and stange crap on animals,  they say they are good for you.
  • brycosbrycos Posts: 137
    I bought a Don King chia pet one time and ate the seeds - it'll put some hair on your head
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,895
    I put a few tsp's in my morning smoothie. Great for energy. I hear they have some kind of "good fat" in them as well. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,560
    brycos said:
    I bought a Don King chia pet one time and ate the seeds - it'll put some hair on your head
    Only in America!
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 889
    I have used them a bit, I will be honest that I don't necessarily notice a difference, though I know they are healthy for hydrating and healthy shtuff.

You can make pudding out of them, etc as they act as a thickening agent (kind of)
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 6,572

Homer is my favorite.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    How about Chia Willie
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA