Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Monday night flank steak (Picts)

Thanks to the BGE, flank steak is now back on the menu at our house! It's such an easy and delicious weeknight dinner.

Pounded it out. Marinated in soy sauce for a few hours. Sprinkle with some steak seasoning. Fired BGE to 550. Cooked direct 4 minutes and then flipped for another 2.

Ended up with a perfect medium rare.

Heated up some leftover naan bread and sautéed some Chinese broccoli with garlic and enjoyed an awesome dinner. Check it out.

image.jpg 2.5M
image.jpg 2.9M
image.jpg 2.5M
·

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,381
    Fine looking Monday night dinner.  The steak looks perfect.  Quick and healthy is a bonus! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • DomCalDomCal Posts: 31
    Nice. I love flank steak
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Looks just right !!  Congrats on a great cook!
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,268
    Good work, keep them coming.  5 posts and i think this is the 3rd awesome cook you've posted.  
    ·
  • thailandjohnthailandjohn Posts: 952
    Awesome......love flank steak
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,049
    Man that looks amazing. Gonna have to try flank steaks soon

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,295
    That looks killer!  Love me some flank steak.  I have a flat iron I need to use up by tomorrow or the next day.  I may hafta do something similar to this.  Thanks for the great post!  :)
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • JaredMDJaredMD Posts: 59
    Did you end up using the regular grates for this, or cast iron?
    XL BGE - Baltimore, MD
    ·
  • JamieoroJamieoro Posts: 180
    @jaredmd we used cast iron
    ·
  • dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    Flank steak is one of my favorite things to grill if I prepare in advance.  I marinate in soy, w-sauce, and lemon juice and it is incredible.  Love that it is relatively inexpensive too.

Your cook looks great.  Flank steak might be on the menu very soon!

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
    ·