Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My Take on egger_ave's Bread & Butter Pickle Chicken (0 Carbs) & Nutella Tortilla Pizza (Many Carbs)

Here's a link to @egger_ave 's original thread:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1151395/bread-and-butter-pickle-chicken-zero-carbs-swmbo-says-1010#latest

I stayed close to the recipe with a couple of exceptions.  I didn't trust myself with cayenne because my MIL is visiting and she, like Wilma, hates spicy.  One shake too many would invite some chin music.  Also I used store bought pickles because either I love the convenience or I'm just plain lazy.   Maybe a little of both, eh?  We tripled the recipe and marinated in a bowl (shaking occasionally) instead of a bag due to the large amount of chicken.  This is the first cook on my AR.  Have a look:

Looks shiney.

Egging under cover in the rain is a pleasure!

Money shot with cole slaw made by my teenage daughter:

DISH REVIEW:  Everyone liked the taste, but I was sorry I chickened out on the cayenne.  The skin was a little on the rubbery side so next time, believe me there will be a next time, I'm going to reverse sear to crisp up the skin.   

Here comes desert.  My daughters worked together and made the tortilla pizzas and I moved them through the Egg.  Teamwork!

Comments

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 4,610

How cool is that dessert!  Excellent!!  :D