Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The Big Green Egg WINS again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
Did my first non-sactioned competition today was supposed to be yesterday but because of the weather here it was postponed till today .Baby back ribs was the cook and the egg took it all First place from the judges 1-chief of police 1-resturaunt cook and 1-KCBS judge did the judging and i also won the peoples choice award . i believe 8 teams total competed was a lot of fun and was great during the peoples choice having them come back telling me how much they liked the ribs ,also two other KCBS judges were at the event that came by after and said great job.Made me feel really great .Thanks to everyone for the advice given to me i really appreciate it  
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
·

Comments

• TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Wow 3 Bills you can almost pick up a mini now.

That's awesome!

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,030

1) Congratulations - way to represent.

2) Please give us details.  What rub? Sauce? Foil? Time?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,713
    Heck yea! Strong work.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,762
    Congrats-great work and results!  Okay-where from here :)   You are on your way...Well done!
    Louisville
    ·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,018
    Congrats @bigphil !  Remember, BGE is an awesome cooker, but you, sir, won the competition.  Great job!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    Thanks!!!!!!! i used a mix of rubs birds and bones by the slabs and 3 eyz championship rub.cooked indirect at 265 grid for 3 hours then foiled for a hour with pads of butter brown sugar and honey for 1 hour unwrapped and sauced back on the grill for about 18 minutes rested for 10 and sliced . the sauce i used was from tasty licks called secret sauce i added about a 1/4 cup of honey to it as well 

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 599
    Great job. You made us all proud.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • Nice dude! Great work.

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,903
    Strong work! Love seeing our egg represent!!
    Just a hack that makes some **** BBQ...
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,407
    Way to go Phil! Congratulations.
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Congrats Phil! Well done! =D>
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,797
    Way to go bigphil.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 547
    edited May 2013
    That's great, it sound like you earned it. It's hard work cooking a winner.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • BullibeBullibe Posts: 130
    Congrats, Big Phil !
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,205
    I know the egg had something to do with it but you deserve a cudo also. $300 is a few accessories... Or, 30 cases of PBR.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Well Done!

·
  • chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    congrats, well done.
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Great Job bigphil, giving Egger's a good name!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Great Job Phil.  If I remember correctly, you were undecided about doing this at first and look at you now.  Congratulations.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • scooter759scooter759 Posts: 246
    Nicely done sir!
    Extra Large, Large & Medium eggs, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,419
    Hearty congratulations to you! Lookit all dem bills!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,381
    Congrats @bigphil !  Remember, BGE is an awesome cooker, but you, sir, won the competition.  Great job!
    2nd that. @bigphil knows how to cook.
    ·
  • Awesome job!
    "If you have the means, I highly recommend it." - Ferris Bueller
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Congrats on the win, sounds like you found the judge's sweet tooth!! :)]
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    You da man Phil!!!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,405
    Nice job Phil!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Clubbing baby seals!
    Birmingham, AL
    XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    Thanks again everyone!!!! .I did make one mistake i've had been practicing on baby backs from Costco and the brand they have has the membrane removed and when i was getting the hand out ribs ready on Sunday not thinking these are from BJ's i did not pull the membrane off until i removed them to foil .i was shocked it pulled all in one piece like lifting a tissue from the box and i think it may have help in the moistness of them because unlike my practice ones i had very little in the dip pan at that point .
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,205
    I turbo ribbed this weekend per Mickey. Pulling the membrane at 90 minutes was much easier. Actually didn't taste bad.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·