Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Are WE Foodies?

And is that bad? 

This big heavy guy at work gets accused of being a 'Foodie'. And he is. He's got an Egg, a Weber, a gasser, and just custom ordered some sort of smoker that looks like a refrigerator. He tells me details of BBQing that he learned from his family growing up in N.C. that I never dreamed. And he's always dropping by with pics on his phone or samples of the weekend cook.

So I've noticed that my weekends in the year and half since I've had my Egg are often centered around the Egg and it's all about what we're going to cook today. Based on all that I think I'm now a 'Foodie' and all I can say is at least I'm an Egg-Foodie! 

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,673
    Foodies...? Chefs.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,209
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,648
    If you have read a thread about sous vide, then you are a foodie.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I think foodies are people who go and try foods but have no idea how to prepare them.

We are Egg Junkies, but I'll go with @Henapple and agree with Chefs
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    ok I had to look up the definition of that and can say YES I am a foodie, without a doubt.
    B-)
  • NEWB_IN_NOLANEWB_IN_NOLA Posts: 124
    If you're excited by housemade charcuterie, then you're probably a foodie.
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    If you spend more than a minute reading the text on a bag of charcoal, then you just might be a foodie.
    Mamaroneck
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    Another guilty plea, since childhood.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,364
    edited May 2013
    If the newest issue of Cook's Illustrated, and the newest issue of Playboy, both arrive on April 17th and, on April 19th, the CI is dogeared and tomato-stained and the Playboy hasn't been opened yet, you're probably a Foodie.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    Botch said:

If the newest issue of Cook's Illustrauted, and the newest issue of Playboy, both arrive on April 17th and, on April 19th, the CI is dogeared and tomato-stained and the Playboy hasn't been opened yet, you're probably a Foodie.  

Or gay...
    Sorry... Pbr
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,648
    If you were gay and receiving Playboy, you either are way too concerned about what your mailman thinks about you, or you read the thought provoking in-depth articles in Playboy.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• AdamdAdamd Posts: 160
    Call me whatever you want! I love my egg and I do take a little crap from people saying that's the only thing I know how to cook on. I think that's true however!
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,547

If you were gay and receiving Playboy, you either are way too concerned about what your mailman thinks about you, or you read the thought provoking in-depth articles in Playboy.

Hey Hey Hey!

Gay guys like boobies too.