Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Beef Time Question?

@dougbacker posted some nice picks recently of pulled beef. He had a 2.5 lb roast and cooked it at 275 (wrapping at 160 IT). He said it took him about 4 hours and 20 minutes. Mine is 3.3 Lbs and I'm cooking at the same temp...275. I'm guessing I'm looking at about 6 hours if I wrap at 160ish. Does that sound about right? Thanks in advance.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Beef has to cook longer than pork and it cooks a lot slower --  i kind of get up around 210 to 215 and test it before pulling it off the grill ofr it's rest period.  Probably hard to tell without a thermometer.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,082

I run around 250*F on the dome with about a 3# Chuck and see about 5 hours to the 160*F point where I then put in an aluminum pan, foil and take it to around 210*F.  That's about another 2-3 hours-then time to rest and pull.  Here's a link for an eggcellent recipe but I forgo all the dutch oven sauce work.  Audible as you go-take notes and change it up the next time-

http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesPulledBeef.html Enjoy the journey!

Louisville
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Agree with Lousubcap I did 2 5 lb roasts and it took about 8 hrs
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • dougbackerdougbacker Posts: 277
    Here is how I did it
    EVVO, Heavy BBBR, sat on the counter for about 2 hours
    Indirect at 275 dome to internal of 165
    Wrapped in foil at 165 and back on to a final internal of 205