Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Permission

My son is getting married in September. And I am supposed to be on a diet. I s it ok to to  took turkey burgers or will I be banned from the sight.
XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,411
    Turkey burgers, white bean and turkey chili, turkey breast are all welcome here

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JustacookinJustacookin Posts: 248
    Just put them on and was feeling pretty depressed. Does not look like a steak or ribs or chicken, pizza. I am going to do my first brisket this weekend maybe that will cheer me up.
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,339
    edited May 2013
    According to @henapple , any xxxxxx breast will do, just don't be rough with it.   B-)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • FlyingTivoFlyingTivo Posts: 341
    I would be depressed if it was my daughter getting married! :-?

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Doesn't your diet allow 1 cheat day a week?

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • I've made meatloaf with ground turkey.  Obviously not as good, but if spiced up enough, is still pretty tasty.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,505
    some turkey burgers. seems to really help going overboard with strong spices. rooster sauce helps too
    :))

• egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    For what it's worth, ground turkey isn't any healthier than ground beef and won't help you lose weight. Low fat doesn't make it healthier either. Lose the carbs and lose the weight.  Eat your burgers with lettuce leaves instead of buns. Been there, done that and it works. Your mileage my vary.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    egger ave said:
    For what it's worth, ground turkey isn't any healthier than ground beef and won't help you lose weight. Low fat doesn't make it healthier either. Lose the carbs and lose the weight.  Eat your burgers with lettuce leaves instead of buns. Been there, done that and it works. Your mileage my vary.
    i would agree, keep your carbs under 20 and the weight peels off. ive also read that no fat in a diet causes depression which explains all the unhappy heavey people at weight watchers
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,196
    Agree with the lay off the carbs advice. Eat the steak. No taters, just the steak and some veggies, preferably raw. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    Take a look at the book, Wheat Belly. I read it last year and it made a big difference in my weight, diabetes and other health issues.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,689
    It'soonly one day... I've always had a cheat day.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • dougbackerdougbacker Posts: 277
    I Have a cheat day to, It's
    sunDAY
    monDAY
    tuesDAY
    wednesDAY
    thursDAY
    friDAY
    saturDAY

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

Thanks guys that sounds like some good advice. And Egger I will get the book.
    http://blog.massivehealth.com/infographics/Carbs_are_killing_you/

This is one of the links that I use to help diabetics understand why carbs, not fat make them fat. It works the same way for everyone. 
    Egger top of the list is beer on top of the list, very good info thank you.
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,669

Aw sheott!!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

you have to switch to whiskey scotch, vodka tequila, whatever you can drink straight or limit the beers to a guinness or two