Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Permission

Options
My son is getting married in September. And I am supposed to be on a diet. I s it ok to to  took turkey burgers or will I be banned from the sight.
XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Turkey burgers, white bean and turkey chili, turkey breast are all welcome here

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Justacookin
    Justacookin Posts: 291
    Options
    Just put them on and was feeling pretty depressed. Does not look like a steak or ribs or chicken, pizza. I am going to do my first brisket this weekend maybe that will cheer me up.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited May 2013
    Options
    According to @henapple , any xxxxxx breast will do, just don't be rough with it.   B-)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    Options
    I would be depressed if it was my daughter getting married! :-?

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Doesn't your diet allow 1 cheat day a week?

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    I've made meatloaf with ground turkey.  Obviously not as good, but if spiced up enough, is still pretty tasty.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    some turkey burgers. seems to really help going overboard with strong spices. rooster sauce helps too
    :))

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    For what it's worth, ground turkey isn't any healthier than ground beef and won't help you lose weight. Low fat doesn't make it healthier either. Lose the carbs and lose the weight.  Eat your burgers with lettuce leaves instead of buns. Been there, done that and it works. Your mileage my vary.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • fishlessman
    Options
    egger ave said:
    For what it's worth, ground turkey isn't any healthier than ground beef and won't help you lose weight. Low fat doesn't make it healthier either. Lose the carbs and lose the weight.  Eat your burgers with lettuce leaves instead of buns. Been there, done that and it works. Your mileage my vary.
    i would agree, keep your carbs under 20 and the weight peels off. ive also read that no fat in a diet causes depression which explains all the unhappy heavey people at weight watchers
    fukahwee maine

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Agree with the lay off the carbs advice. Eat the steak. No taters, just the steak and some veggies, preferably raw. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • egger ave
    Options
    Take a look at the book, Wheat Belly. I read it last year and it made a big difference in my weight, diabetes and other health issues.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    It'soonly one day... I've always had a cheat day.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • dougbacker
    dougbacker Posts: 277
    Options
    I Have a cheat day to, It's
    sunDAY
    monDAY
    tuesDAY
    wednesDAY
    thursDAY
    friDAY
    saturDAY

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

• Justacookin
    Options
    Thanks guys that sounds like some good advice. And Egger I will get the book.
  • egger ave
    Options
    http://blog.massivehealth.com/infographics/Carbs_are_killing_you/

This is one of the links that I use to help diabetics understand why carbs, not fat make them fat. It works the same way for everyone. 

Albert Einstein
  • Justacookin
    Options
    Egger top of the list is beer on top of the list, very good info thank you.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options

Aw sheott!!
    Flint, Michigan
  • fishlessman
    Options
    you have to switch to whiskey scotch, vodka tequila, whatever you can drink straight or limit the beers to a guinness or two
    fukahwee maine