Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Dry brine time for smoked salmon

Hi! I'm smoking some salmon for Mother's Day and looking for some opinions on dry brine times. My last go-around, I brined overnight, let salmon sit in fridge uncovered for 2 hours, and smoked at about 200F til internal temp of 150F. Took about 4 hours and was awesome, but a bit too salty. Any advice on how long to dry brine to get a good brine, but not be too salty?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• lblankelblanke Posts: 8
    It's hard to say without knowing what your brine recipe consists of.  Last time, I followed the recipe from Charcuterie and it was fantastic, not salty at all.  I cured for 36 hrs, rinsed it thoroughly, air dried in the fridge for 24hs, and smoked for 3.5hrs.