Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Early Cooks

AcnAcn Posts: 1,155
I just got posting rights, but wanted to share some of my first cooks. My first (no photos) was a pork loin roast with a ginger-garlic paste. Cooked direct, grate on the fire ring, temp held around 375 dome. Pulled a bit late, around 153-155, rather than the 145 I usually try for w/ pork, but it was much better than slightly overdone in the oven.

Next moved to a pork shoulder; rubbed with a rub from one of Steven Raichlen's book, cooked at 280 dome with some apple and pecan wood included with the lump.
The start: image

Taken off and resting:

Pulled: image

Ready to eat: image

Finally, my first pizza: image

Pikesville, MD

image.jpg 2.3M
image.jpg 2.2M
image.jpg 2.3M
image.jpg 3.3M
image.jpg 2.3M

• RACRAC Posts: 1,549
    Nice cooks and welcome!

Boerne, TX

• tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    welcome, nice first cooks. 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Welcome, looks like your off to a great start.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Jumpin right in there.  Way to go.  Good lookin cooks.  Welcome and I look forward to more of your posts.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Welcome aboard, You are off to a great start!
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,800
    Welcome. Really nice cooks. Keep them coming.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 756
    Looks awesome! Look forward to seeing more good cooking.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,910
    Off and running! Welcome to your next obsession..

I like the ulu! I use it for pizza every now and then but mainly its just decorative. I need to use it more often.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.