Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Spatchcock a success!

MJGMJG Posts: 181
I fired up today and went with 2 smaller chickens.  As this was only my 2nd cook on the Egg I was still kind of nervous.  image

Stabilized the Egg @ 400 and got ready to add the birds.  

Cooked for a little over an hour until done to proper temp.  No more virgin white Egg!  

SWMBO'S and my 2 daughters gave high marks. I must say I was impressed. These were easily the best and juiciest birds I have had. This cook will be repeated many times. 

Thanks for looking!  
Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
image.jpg 862.7K
image.jpg 990.5K
image.jpg 1011.2K
image.jpg 819.4K
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Great cook.  Spatched chicken is a great way to show off how great the Egg can cook.  Welcome, and looking forward to more successful cooks.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,543
    Great cook, looks very tasty. 
    Welcome to the world of egging. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 142
    Nice job. Now you gotta blacken that gasket up!
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,711
    Those yardbirds look so darn cute! Well done. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,976
    Very nice!  Just a tip...use some foil over the plate setter to catch the drippings to make clean up easier. ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Try one brined next time as a comparison.  They look great.
    ·