Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket in cooler?

Guys, sorry for the redundancy on this question as I know it's been asked a lot on here... but how long will a brisket keep in Foil, Towel and cooler? Put a 6 lb brisket on this morning and tried foiling it when temp hit 165 (first time with that method). Looks good, but finished waaaaaaayyyyyy earlier than anticipated. Reached temp and felt like butter, but its only 2pm and we weren't planning on eating till 6pm. Will it keep in cooler for 4 hours?
·

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 7,141
    Yeah, 4 hours is fine. Wrap it in several layers of foil, then make sure the cooler is completly full with towels so there is no empty space.

One thing you can do is hit the cooler with a hair dryer so it heats up really good!

Eager to see some pics!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 1,021
    Take towels and dampen them thoroughly and microwave for 10 seconds. Hot towels. In the cooler around the brisket.
    ·
  • you can do all those things but I don't. I easily get 6-8 hrs just wrapped in 2-3 towels. The other stuff will make it go longer but if you need more than 6-8 hrs, you need to plan your cook better.

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,747
    I have done 5 hours with perfect results. 6-8 would be no problem. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·