Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket in cooler?

Guys, sorry for the redundancy on this question as I know it's been asked a lot on here... but how long will a brisket keep in Foil, Towel and cooler? Put a 6 lb brisket on this morning and tried foiling it when temp hit 165 (first time with that method). Looks good, but finished waaaaaaayyyyyy earlier than anticipated. Reached temp and felt like butter, but its only 2pm and we weren't planning on eating till 6pm. Will it keep in cooler for 4 hours?

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Yeah, 4 hours is fine. Wrap it in several layers of foil, then make sure the cooler is completly full with towels so there is no empty space.

One thing you can do is hit the cooler with a hair dryer so it heats up really good!

Eager to see some pics!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Take towels and dampen them thoroughly and microwave for 10 seconds. Hot towels. In the cooler around the brisket.
  • you can do all those things but I don't. I easily get 6-8 hrs just wrapped in 2-3 towels. The other stuff will make it go longer but if you need more than 6-8 hrs, you need to plan your cook better.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I have done 5 hours with perfect results. 6-8 would be no problem. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.