Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chorizo Chili Low Carb, Gluten Free

Chorizo Chile -- Low Carb

This is a quick, easy chili recipe. Many Chili recipes have too many carbs for my diet. I made this recipe with a goal of 10 carbs per serving. The spices and chile peppers in the Chorizo add flavor to the chili and make it easy to fix.

Ingredients:

1 lb. of my Chorizo or store bought loose Chorizo sausage.

1 large Green Pepper

1 large onion

1 Jalapeno Pepper

8 oz. can of tomato sauce

2 Plum Tomatoes

I 14 oz. can of Black Beans

Salt and Pepper to taste

Shredded Jack or cheese of your choice.

Prep

Chop the green pepper, jalapeno, tomatoes and onion.

Cook

In a large sauce pan or small Dutch oven, brown the Chorizo and add the chopped onion and peppers.

Add the tomatoes, jalapeno and black beans. I use the bean liquor instead of water.

Simmer for 1 hour.

Serve with shredded cheese.

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
·