Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Need advise and help with good way to re-heat ribs

I've got a Sunday cook that will need to feed 30 people. My plan was to put out some ribs which means I'll need to cook it beforehand (tonight) and then just grill/re-heat while basting on the D-day. Have anyone ever done this before and what's a good way to do it so that the ribs come out not too dry? Wrap it in foil after cook and refrigerate it till Sunday? Spray with apple juice during grill?

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 4,561
    I think this is a pretty good explanation:

I do something similar at 275 dome.  I smoke them for 3 hours, then wrap in foil for 90 minutes, then back on the grill for 20-30 minutes and apply sauce. 

If I am planning to reheat, then after the foil stage I just wrap them with more foil to make sure they are good and sealed, then put them in the fridge.  Throw them back on the grill when you are ready to serve.  Obviously, I allow a little more time for the final stage since they do have to reheat.  So, I throw them on and let them heat a while and then slap on sauce.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.