Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

BGE Pate Setter VS CGS WOO2

The BGE plate setter for the XL grill is huge and leaves about a 2" gap (im not home to measure) around the edges for the heat to rise to the dome, since the grate is 24" I would guess the PS is about 20" +/- across in diameter. Now with the WOO2 and a 17" stone as the plate setter this obviously leaves a BIGGER gap for the heat to rise. Is there any positive or negatives to either setup or do they both wash each other out? One would think the WOO2 is the way to go for more air flow.

Comments

• Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 4,771
    IMO, more direct heat protection is better than less.  The exception being when you have too much and a steady fire can't be maintained.  It allows for more indirect space ncluding a larger pizza stone.  Don't scoff, we were doing some tortilla pizzas not long ago and wished we had a tad more room to fit an additional tortilla on.  Either way, your egg should be able to reach the high temps you want.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,574
    I have both. The ps offers more indirect coverage and that helps sometimes.

If I had to choose, I'd pick the woo with a stone AND a lump reducing ring. That is what I normally use. You have more options with the woo.

If you can swing it, get both. You won't regret it.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.