Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Trouble getting it up

I'm a new egger and did pizzas for the first time yesterday.  I ended up with a lot more dough than I inteneded so we made six pizzas and each got a little better as I learned how long to cook them.  Anyway when I first fired up I had intententions of getting the fire up really hot for the cook but the hottest I could get was 550 degrees.  I'm using a large egg and I had a place setter legs up, an adjustable rig from CGS and my pizza stone on the top notch of the rig.  I had a good sized fire and I let it burn wide open for around 30 minutes but still couldn't get it real hot.  Any ideas?

The good news is that it held really well between 500 and 550 so I just adjusted my cook times and ended up with good food.

Thanks
Session

Comments