Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First time Pork Shots

JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,778
Tried some Pork Shots last night, followed R2EGG2Q's recipe ;
They were fantastic. The question I got most was how many calories?

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
Johns Creek, Georgia

• tnbarbqtnbarbq Posts: 248
    Those look real good!  
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,348
    Looks great but! Thy are a favorite around here. Can't help you on the calories I didn't get into BBQ to watch my waistline do anything but grow. :)
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,386
    I don't think anything wrapped in bacon should say, "how many calories?"

• R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Glad you liked them! I can't help you with the calorie count as I can't count that high. :-\"
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • RV10FlyerRV10Flyer Posts: 135
    Those look great.  I cooked some tonight for the first time as well.  I also used the same filling and stuffed some mushrooms.  They were both tasty.

North Texas

XL BGE

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,778
    I really didn't care about the calories I am with U_tarded. 

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• Your guest:  "Vat is der calories for dis fine treat?  They are many, no?"

You: "What calories?  There are no calories.  I see nothing!  I know nothing!"

Shangri la where life is beautiful and everybody's happy.

• they are Delicious   I turned the first batch into hockey pucks  but the 2nd go round was awesome!
    I also did 1/2 batch w adobo chilli peppers , and liked that batch better than green chillies if you want to try that. the heat was nice!
  • I just tried some of these the other day and the cream cheese filling was a little to rich for my taste. I will definitely try these again though.
    LBGE And MINI Egg
  • These have to be one of the best apps ever !!  They are crazy good.  Just wish they didnt take so long to prep and make.  I usually try to make an extra batch to freeze and make ahead of time.
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,057
    @grillingunner - I agree, they are too rich.  I can handle just one.  I made mine with ricotta instead of cream cheese so it holds together nicely, and I topped with a little jalapeno jam.  Good, but one was enough.
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • revolver1revolver1 Posts: 369
    I've been looking for a healthier choice of filling.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    I'm doing this. 100%. Looks so good.