Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

1st time beef ribs

DeaconKavDeaconKav Posts: 84
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
Haven't posted lately, forgive me. But also tried some new cooks. This was first beef ribs and they came out awesome. Used a combo rub with raising the steaks and cowlick by dizzy pig. Just cooked at 250 degrees till 195 temp. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 17,802
    Real nice. Beef ribs are outstanding.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• njlnjl Posts: 859
    Just left them alone cooking indirect the whole time?  About how long did it take?

Was there water in that drip pan?...or something else?  It looks way too full at the end to have started out empty.

I've been wanting to try beef ribs.  Did those start out as individual ribs, or did you slice them apart before cooking?
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 5,365
    Ummm, yummm, dino bones! For difficulty, brisket get major points, but as far as I'm concerned, those are the bestest of the best.
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Beef ribs always give me a hard time!!
  • DeaconKavDeaconKav Posts: 84
    They were individual ribs. I just used water in the drip pan. About 5 hours, and I did wrap in foil and vent last couple of hours.