Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lamb shoulder barbacoa

Mr_EggMr_Egg Posts: 13
First cook on the egg today Whole lamb shoulder marinated with a wet rub of chipotle adobado, oregano, thyme, onion, garlic, vinegar On at 11am and tried to regulate the temp at 250 will leave till about 6pm - then rest - eating in tacos, salsa verde and guacamole Question is ....... If I'm doing in a conventional oven this would work fine at this temp as typically would put in pan and seal with foil ( not a braise just covered) At this temp am I fine for this length of cook? What internal temp am I aiming for with lamb? Shoulder has a high fat content so ideal for long slow cook? Cheers eggers Mr Egg
·

Comments

• Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    I think you'll be looking for about 200.  I tried this with a lamb  shoulder a few weeks back - braised at about 275-300.  Unfortunately, I only took it to 165, which wasn't tender enough. Tasted good though and I learned something for next time!

Mamaroneck
    ·
  • Mr_EggMr_Egg Posts: 13
    Thanks mana roneck you were right. Same thing just wasn't quite there. Tasted good though! Ribs today :)
    ·