Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best Draft for the Draft?

Fellow Eggheads,

If you are or would go to a bar for the draft tonight, what draft would you order?

I think I would choose Sierra Nevada Torpedo and want to see lots of trades tonight!

Z

·

Comments

• LitLit Posts: 3,626
    I picked up some Avery Maharaja from my local growled store the other day. Really good and 10.4%
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,903
    would be a guinness and a boston chowder house clam chowder served in a bread bowl while watching the pats trade away their first round pick
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I normally just ask for "something local". Or PBR is normally at a good price. Hell any kind suits me though.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,262
    Deviant dales ipa only takes a few to make you see cross eyed. May be good to follow what's gonna happen tonight
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,039
    Dales is good stuff @U. ;

I cannot wait to watch my Gamecocks get drafted. I am going to go with a few (read: ~6) pints of Gaelic Ale from Highlands, NC. 

Cheers!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,141
    I have Heavy Seas and Flying Dog ready to go. Chimay Abt 12, Southern Tier Chocolate stout, and Goose Island bourbon county on deck as well.
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    At a bar...Founders Breakfast Stout.
    At home currently on draught...Troegs Nugget Nectar and Michelob Ultra
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    At a bar I'd do Black and Tan's, possibly Sweetwater Sweet Georgia Brown.
    I have a feeling you'll get your wish and see a lot of trades.

Probably see 12 of my Dawg's picked this year!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 564
    But which Dawg is the best?
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,039
    Jarvis Jones
    Alec Ogletree
    Bacarri Rambo
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,283
    edited April 2013
    Kilkenny Irish Ale if they had it. Younger's Tartan, Newky Brown or Guinness

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,560
    Chubbs said:

Dales is good stuff @U. ;

I cannot wait to watch my Gamecocks get drafted. I am going to go with a few (read: ~6) pints of Gaelic Ale from Highlands, NC. 

Cheers!
    That's good stuff
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Could be Jarvis Jones but I think Ogeltree has a huge future, hoping the Falcons draft him
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    Myself I would wander down(about 6 blocks) to Tri City Brewing in Bay City ,MI and have a Hell's Half Mile or a Loon's ale (special brew named for the local minor league team in Midland ,MI

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,202
    Calfkiller, yahzoo or Blackstone... All local
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • freduc2freduc2 Posts: 69
    I've been on DuClaw kick lately. Sweet Baby Jesus their Chocolate peanut butter porter is goooood! But its seasonal and will be going dry soon.
    LBGE, Weber Performer. Located in Franklin County Pa.
    ·
    freduc2 said:

I've been on DuClaw kick lately. Sweet Baby Jesus their Chocolate peanut butter porter is goooood! But its seasonal and will be going dry soon.

Where do you live? Maryland?
    ·
    Pa, right across the line. Above Hagerstown
    ·
    freduc2 said:

Pa, right across the line. Above Hagerstown

Cool. I'm in Frederick.

Have you ever been to DuClaw's restaurant?
    ·
    No, but plenty of friends have. One of these weekends some of us are riding down just to get some growlers filled. I have taken a tour of Flying Dog. Some real good brewery's from Frederick to the coast.

·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 558
    Since I am stuck in Florida for work, I went to a secret little micro brewery called Swamp Head in Gainesville. Had a "Big Nose" and "Stump Knocker". Killer beer. image
    image.jpg 916.2K
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 203
    edited April 2013
    Victory Hop Devil
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
    ·
    GK59 said:
    Myself I would wander down(about 6 blocks) to Tri City Brewing in Bay City ,MI and have a Hell's Half Mile or a Loon's ale (special brew named for the local minor league team in Midland ,MI
    Used to live in Midland!
    ·
    edited April 2013
    Could be Jarvis Jones but I think Ogeltree has a huge future, hoping the Falcons draft him
    Yeah, I would take Ogletree if I could!
    ·