Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT what's your "other" hobby

Options

Comments

• fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    I have 3 kids under the ages 5, 2 1/2 and 3 months, so egging is my hobby, though I have picked up running in the last couple of months. I also enjoy reading, sleeping when I can, and hanging out with my BFF (Wife).
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    Shooting skeet, boating, golf, Blue Lodge and Scottish Rite Masonry.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    • Drag Racing
    • Hunting
    • Archery
    • Sporting Clays
    • Wakeboarding
    • Playing Guitar,
    • and taking care of my Yard.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• jrf316
    jrf316 Posts: 55
    Options
    coaching recreational soccer
    Visca Barca
    Mes Que Un Club

• Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    Options
    Woodworking, shooting/training and now that my kid is taking Wado karate I've been getting back into that by working with him (seemed a whole lot easier back in the day).

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Woodworking, guitar, riding my motorcycle (summer), expanding my foodie side (winter) and the never ending joys of time with the grandkids - they make it all worthwhile. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    TUTTLE871 said:
    • Wakeboarding
    Where do you find the suspected terrorists?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options

TUTTLE871 said:
    • Wakeboarding
    Where do you find the suspected terrorists?
    Perfect, riding that paint shaker has detached your retina - that's wake-boarding not water-boarding......
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Bullibe
    Bullibe Posts: 132
    Options
    Boating, gardening, biking and camping.
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Used to be a boater but a divorce put an end to that real quick. Fishing is the other but I don't get out as often as I'd like

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Golf, carpentry/handyman stuff, reading. 

I am also a big Jeopardy fan. I've taken the on-line test to be a contestant several times but have never been "called". I understand that Alex Trebek is retiring in 2016 so I need to get on in the next season or two.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I forgot to add shooting. Getting into a that the AR habit. More expensive than the egg
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
    Cycling, competing with my dog at agility events, golf, driving my car at the race track, snow shoeing, anything to be outside.
    Edina, MN

• nashbama
    nashbama Posts: 102
    Options
    Music... listening to it, playing it, and seeing it live.
  • dpittard
    dpittard Posts: 126
    Options
    -Spending time with my family
    -Homebrewing beer

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • LTAFlynEgg
    Options
    Flying Hot Air Balloons, Curling, volunteer leader church children ministry programs (AWANA) 
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    Woodworking, target shooting (less as ammo is getting real scarce) . Boating soon as the flood water go away. Tiger baseball (more gray hair as Valverde is back).

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Had lots, 
    Down to Photography, Planted aquariums (freshwater version of reef tanks) for me
    Bicycle riding, camping, fishing, cooking with my son.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    edited April 2013
    Options

This is directed at everyone - Realistically how much time do you get for your hobbies? 

I used fish, used to woodwork, used to play sports and other stuff - now life has happened and I don't do any of the above. 

If you guys make the time for 3/4/5 hobbies + busy careers and family stuff what am I doing wrong?  How does the rest of your family make it possible?  Obviously some supportive network is needed I think? 

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• sticks88
    sticks88 Posts: 94
    Options
    Computer,watching  TV,shopping,getting up late,visiting friends and relatives,traveling and playing with my dogs...retirements fun. eh.

XL BGE and Pellet smoker

• fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    @BigWader, for me personally egging is a hobby so the wife is supportive of the food, running/working out I make time in the middle of the day for, other than that I try to incorporate hobbies my wife or kids enjoy (camping, reading, etc) so I can make time for them. Realistically I think if you have 1-2 hobbies and have kids you are doing pretty well.
  • tazcrash
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @BigWader, I'm in your boat. Photography really happens when going places with the family or taking Christmas card pics, no real time to set-up and play, and forget about playing in photoshop.
    The aquarium was doable because the Mrs and son love to watch it, and they way it looks in the house. 
    The ones with my son happen because 1) he needs it 2) gives the Mrs a break 3) I need it

sticks88 said:
    Computer,watching  TV,shopping,getting up late,visiting friends and relatives,traveling and playing with my dogs...retirements fun. eh.

>:P
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    BigWader said:

This is directed at everyone - Realistically how much time do you get for your hobbies? 

I used fish, used to woodwork, used to play sports and other stuff - now life has happened and I don't do any of the above. 

If you guys make the time for 3/4/5 hobbies + busy careers and family stuff what am I doing wrong?  How does the rest of your family make it possible?  Obviously some supportive network is needed I think? 

Being self employed and mobile I can squeeze them in. Yes during August my boat will be my office. My range has a lounge with wifi so its a second office ;-)
    Lynnwood WA
  • Streetglider
    Options
    Riding my Harley, reading, wood turning, and wood carving

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    BigWader said:

realistically ill put 20 hours on the boat fishing from april to december at a minimum, some weeks more. then i wait til the ponds freeze and ice fish once or twice a week til i fall in
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    BigWader said:

I am also self employed. I play tennis at least twice a week sometimes more, Golf at least twice a month and play in orchestra every Sunday.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • tazcrash
    Options
    henapple said:
    Evidently my biggest hobby is this forum. [-X
    Nope..... Obsession. 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!!