Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Bluefin Tuna with Mango Salsa

Went to the hardware store today to pick up some pieces for my cold smoker I am building, get a call from a friend of mine tellin me Central Market has fresh Bluefin in and I need to get there ASAP.  Lucky Home Depot is only about 1 mile away so it only took me 15 Seconds to get there. Did up the Tuna with a little EVOO and DP Raging River, went indirect at 375 for a few minutes each side. The wife said it needs to be like still swimming when it hits the plate. I thought thats a little rare for my liking so I will do up some Mago Salsa and make my taste buds a little happier. Did up some squash on the grill, and did spinach with shallots on the clock in my kitchen.

MANGO SALSA

• Red Onion
  • Jalapeno
  • Small Mango
  • Tomato
  • Cilantro
  • Lime Juice

Again not sure of how much of each, I just add till I get what makes me happy.

Wife told me we have 5 weeks till Memorial Day Weekend and we can not be at the lake house looking like ..........

I included a picture of the cold smoker in progress. I had this old fire box that was for my old smoker, I am going to rig up a tube to run to the top of the egg. Not sure how it will come out but never hurts to try it out.

t.JPG
1632 x 1224 - 724K
t1.JPG
1632 x 1224 - 704K
t2.JPG
1632 x 1224 - 614K

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments