Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pork Tenderloins On The Small for Dinner!

JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 189
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
SplitTenderloinsonSmall.jpg
<p />Deb saw a 2 for 1 special on little pork tenderloins at the neighborhood Bi-Lo. Guess what's for dinner tonight? Here's a pic of one of them split into two. Both are injected with a pineapple/teriaki marinade. The back one is dusted in Jamaican Firewalk (my favorite) and the front one is done with Tsunami Spin. We can't wait![p]Jimbo
Spartanburg, SC - 1 large, 1 small AND a brand new mini!

Comments

• yaByaB Posts: 137
    JimboBQ,
    Interesting rack arrangement you have there. Is that an inverted rib rack?[p]Tenderloins are looking good...[p]Bob

• JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 189
    yaB,
    You are one smart cookie! That's what it is. I turned it upside down and hung the "legs" outside the foil pan. I had to bend the foil pan in on the corners so it would fit into the small. But, hey, the pan is disposable! I wanted to get the tenderloin up high in the dome for the smoke and to get some heat under the tenderloin, as opposed to placing it directly into the pan.[p]Jimbo[p]
    Jimbo

• yaByaB Posts: 137
    JimboBQ,
    OK, thanks for the confirmation. [p]As they say, "Necessity is the mother...", and the small BGE model definitely seems to inspire its share of invention. I'm thinking about getting a small this year, so stuff like your photo of tenderloin arrangement to get the meat away from the fire and up into the dome does grab my attention.[p]Bob

• tn slagamatertn slagamater Posts: 623
    yaB, yeah, the small EGG is the GREATEST of all the Egg's.... You can do a lot of interesting things on it. It is more challenging, requires more thought and a bit more work....It bakes, it grills, and it smokes...not to mention...it is PORTABLE !!!

• JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 189
    tn slagamater,
    Portable, yeah! That's why I had to have one, to take camping! But man, when I want a steak fast, that's the one I go to. Got side dishes to cook and the large is loaded with ribs? Put the beans in the small. I love my small.[p]Jimbo[p]