Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Need Ham Steak ideas!

How would you suggest doing these?  I am going to buy some today and need some ideas!  Rubs, set up, prep, cook time and temps, etc.

Thanks,
Casey

Comments

• The only way we've ever done ham steaks is on the stove in a CI skillet using a little butter and plenty of maple syrup. Depending on how thick your slices are they can become overcooked and dry pretty easily.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 820
    I've made that several times for breakfast and usually do a little S&P or fav BBQ rub.  Grill direct on 350 dome for a few mins a side.  Cooks very fast.  Serve for breakfast as a side meat or part of breakfast taco.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12
    Tampa Bay, FL