Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Drip Pans

2»

Comments

• Thanks everyone. What liquid do you use.
  • None. I put copper plumbing tees on the plate setter to create an air space so the drippings don't burn. Set the drip pan on the tees.

.......................................................................................

Flint, Michigan

Where shootings and tap water are equally deadly

My fleet of eggs: XL, Small & Mini.

• Stew21Stew21 Posts: 13
    edited September 2013
    I haven't used a drip pan yet so 2 questions, How do I clean my plate setter? Have I ruined my plate setter?
  • Stew21 said:
    I haven't used a drip pan yet so 2 questions, How do I clean my plate setter? Have I ruined my plate setter?

@Stew21 - I clean mine cooking pizzas.  The high heat cleans it like a self-cleaning oven.  Me & Wilma started the Atkins Diet a couple of weeks ago so I suspect my plate setter will become a little grubby.  I guess it already is.image

.......................................................................................

Flint, Michigan

Where shootings and tap water are equally deadly

My fleet of eggs: XL, Small & Mini.

• I use aluminum oven pans on my XL plate setter and they work just fine. Walmart has them in packs of 2 for pretty cheap.
    Houston, TX