Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

It has been a pleasure...

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,518
    He is an Aviator too? Perhaps he went Major Tom on us. (Peter Schilling version)
  • Coincidence? I think not!!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,953
    Aviator said:
    Is it too early in the week to turn this into a "slap yo mama" thread?
    Nah.  Give me a pimp slap.  I deserve it.   :-h

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,416
    don't worry guys I got this covered for fred 

• Come to think about, brain tartar is sounding pretty tasty about now!

........................................................................................

• AviatorAviator Posts: 1,560
    Its official then, we have a thread to play in. :))

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

• IronEgg55IronEgg55 Posts: 8
    ohhh emmm geee... someone is thin skinned. I have never read a mean post on this forum.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,973
    edited June 2013

I went back and looked for the post but couldn't find it. Dude came on strong and some of took exception to what he was saying. That's about it. Cen-Tex was way outta line IMHO.

Guy was on about some bbq site, meatman maybe

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I went back and looked for the post but couldn't find it. Dude came on strong and some of took exception to what he was saying. That's about it. Cen-Tex was way outta line IMHO.

That's it. Outa here. 
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    Cen-Tex has left 18 times (almost a record).  He always comes back.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.

What was his guru's name?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

•  What was his guru's name?

Was it Sensei Willson?

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,389

I went back and looked for the post but couldn't find it. Dude came on strong and some of took exception to what he was saying. That's about it. Cen-Tex was way outta line IMHO.

was it this one ?

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

What was his guru's name?

Was it Sensei Willson?
    I like that name.  Has a cool ring to it.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,393
    .... let it die!!!! 

Anybody can copy and paste

XLBGE 
  • fiver29fiver29 Posts: 585
    I've been coming and going for years.  See you soon!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,574
    fiver29 said:

I've been coming and going for years.  See you soon!

That's what I told her....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bigphil said:

was it this one ?

By all this re-hashing of what happened, I guess some folks think this guy got a raw deal.  I re-read the thread and IMHO there wasn't anything people did here to run him off.  Some folks are sensitive and there's nothing wrong with that.  However, if you show up somewhere with a big sack of arrogance and somebody says something a little sarcastic, have the stones to stick around.  Running away is a punk move.  Better yet, how about leaving the arrogance out of it and just be knowledgeable and helpful?  That guy was so smart, he never thought of that.

bigphil said:

was it this one ?

By all this re-hashing of what happened, I guess some folks think this guy got a raw deal.  I re-read the thread and IMHO there wasn't anything people did here to run him off.  Some folks are sensitive and there's nothing wrong with that.  However, if you show up somewhere with a big sack of arrogance and somebody says something a little sarcastic, have the stones to stick around.  Running away is a punk move.  Better yet, how about leaving the arrogance out of it and just be knowledgeable and helpful?  That guy was so smart, he never thought of that.

I'm with Fred

XLBGE 

If all the arrogant people left this forum, I'd be the only one left.  >:/

=))

Ps.
    Don't think Fred is telling the arrogantly inclined eggers to bounce, just saying that if your gonna bring it, back it up and don't run skeered when someone post up that your front'n

XLBGE 
  • Of course I'm not one of those arrogant types. I'm the most humble person I know.

• I haven't seen anybody say he got a raw deal. I'm sure some think he did. I don't but I guess I couldn't since I was the tweaking him the whole time..........what's that meathead? I'm late for dinner? Sorry guys, gotta go........
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
  • danv23danv23 Posts: 625
    Whatever

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA - XL, L, Small
  • danv23 said:

Whatever

Ah, passive-agressive. Nice touch!

• SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 1,171
    If ya participate on any forums yer gonna quickly recognize that some folks are extremely thin-skinned. Typically the thin-skinned will prance away for a bit, then return. Then repeat. He will be back, no need to beg and no need for anyone to feel bad for him...
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 690
    And no mangrates as a parting gift?

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 3,494
    Sometimes it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

edited June 2013

I remember when this used to be a much more friendlier place.

This one didn't get ugly. It was about knowing the precise temp of your dome that turned the worm (metaphorically speaking of course)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 8,592
    Don't want to prolong this...but I don't think this was a real person.  I think it was Zippy funnin' with us again. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.