Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Salmon

Any suggestions on how I should cook a salmon filet?
·

Comments

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,295
    My vote is for a good rub and then baste with a 50/50 mixture of maple syrup and butter while its grilling. Direct at about 350 deg dome temp. :)
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    On the Egg ;-) I like to cook salmon on a cedar or alder plank. Some maple syrup and dill and some Tom Douglas salmon rub.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    edited April 2013
    I agree with Dyal on the setup and cook temp. I prefer just a little salt and pepper and a hollandaise sauce. I've got cedar planks in my garage but I've not tried them yet. That is a popular technic too.
    ·
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 243
    Cook to 140 degrees internal.  Glaze or glaze and rub your desired flavors before cooking.  Indirect 350 ish.  Skin side down on a cedar plank or double piece of HD foil if no plank.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,330
    Put a good sweet rub on it.  Put it on a cookie cooling rack, tented with foil (allowing air circulation) in the fridge overnight.  Take the tent off in the morning for a couple hours, then allow to sit at room temp for an hour.

Hot smoke using a plate setter, and a mild wood like apple, at 180 until the albumin begins to flow.

Serve hot, or refrigerate until chilled.  Serve on crackers with cream cheese and cucumber.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,330

Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·