Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My Redneck Sous Vide Chicken

I have been reading about Sous Vide for the last year and have always had an interest. I kept thinking I needed one of those high dollar machines everyone has so that kind of made me steer away from it. Well I have a food saver and a LC and a Gas stove so I thought what the hell I can do this. I got me some chicken breasts and vacuum sealed them with some Italian dressing. Dropped them in the bath (135) at 8AM and let them got for 11 Hours. Dusted them with some DP Tsunami Spin and tossed them on indirect at 375.

Had also made up this Hearts of Palm Salad I had made.

• Cherry Tomatoes
  • Hearts of Palm
  • Mozzarella
  • Basil
  • Lemon Juice
  • EVOO
  • Truffle Oil

Dont ask me the exact amounts on the salad because I just go with the flow and what tastes right is what I eat.

To be honest this Chicken was like butter melting in my mouth. I am positive anytime I do chicken breats it will be this way. I cant wait to try a steak now.

SV.JPG
1632 x 1224 - 530K
SV1.JPG
1632 x 1224 - 655K
SV2.JPG
1632 x 1224 - 569K

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments