Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Lump at a Great price in Jacksonville, North Florida area?????

Options
Good evening everyone. I am looking for good quality lump and a great price in the North Florida area. Our local supplier, who use to sell 40 lbs bags of Nature-Glo (Royal Oak Commercial grade re-branded under the Nature Glo name) at $25 a bag, is no longer supplying that brand. Myself, and about 8 other guys from work, are looking for another supplier. I welcome any and all input. 
We liked the Nature Glo brand, and the great price of $25 a bag, so are actively looking for the same, or an equivalent brand, that is available in the local area. Will consider all sources from Daytona, west over to Ocala, up to the Florida/Georgia state line.
Thanks in advance for your input.  
If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    look for restaurant supply stores like restaurant depot or whatever is similar in your area. Also Sam's and Costco carry 40 lb bags for $15 (sams) and $19 (costco). I like the costco better. The sams stuff is 100% mesquite and can be sparky and ashy but for .38 cents per lb, you can overlook a few minor details.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    Options
    Daytona beach shows a GFS store opening up in summer 2013.  They carry their branded (made by Royal Oak) 20 lb bags for 13.99.  It is mine and nibble me This's main charcoal.  You will find a few pieces per bag of undercahrcoal'd stuff, but over all works great.  They have a dist center in Ocala.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
    Restaurant depot off of University has the 20lb bags of RO for $10 need a sales tax # or they accept kcbs members.
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    look for restaurant supply stores like restaurant depot or whatever is similar in your area. Also Sam's and Costco carry 40 lb bags for $15 (sams) and $19 (costco). I like the costco better. The sams stuff is 100% mesquite and can be sparky and ashy but for .38 cents per lb, you can overlook a few minor details.

The Sam's Club (Gainesville) lump i tried was "Best Of The West" and it came in twenty pound bags and cost just under eighteen bucks.  I am used to using RO and found this Sam's stuff unfit to use, threw away over half a bag!  My buddy buys 18 pound bags of RO from Restaurant Depot in Jacksonville for ten bucks a bag.

• beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
    There was no lump at Jax Costco last week. I have seen Lump at BJs
  • diverstephen
    Options

My wife's uncle works at the Ace Hardware in St. Mary's, GA. He is a fellow egger and makes sure they always have Wicked Good lump in stock. I don't remember the price but I always pick up a few bags on the way back from Amelia Island.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

The Sam's Club (Gainesville) lump i tried was "Best Of The West" and it came in twenty pound bags and cost just under eighteen bucks.  I am used to using RO and found this Sam's stuff unfit to use, threw away over half a bag!  My buddy buys 18 pound bags of RO from Restaurant Depot in Jacksonville for ten bucks a bag.

Best of the west is $15 for 40lb bags everywhere I've heard of. Pretty sure @doceggerton has bought tons of in FL for similar prices. But you are right, it can be sketchy. Some bags are great, some are garbage, but they all spark and make a lot of ash.

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options

Correction:  Sam's Club (Gainesville) price on 20 pounds of Best Of The West is $11.45

Just came back from shopping. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    $14.98 for 40lb here. I haven't looked in a few months but it's been that price for 4 years down here (when I found it)

I still use it occasionally but last time I used it my table burned down. I'm a little gun shy