Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Different Lump at Wal-Mart

Walking through Walmart today and saw they are carrying Best of the West. They still have Royal Oak too.
Mark Annville, PA
·

Comments

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,252
    Best of the west is great if you like some start up fireworks. Used it in my mini and it caught a roll of paper towels nearly on fire about 3 feet away. My wife was not impressed
    ·
  • I've gone through hundreds of pounds but he's right, it's like the 4th of july when it gets going. Last time I used it may table burned down. probably a coincidence but I'm done with it out of superstition.

They normally have huge pieces that can be too big to even fit in your egg. Like logs. Just hit them with a hammer and they crumble to more manageable pieces. Lots of ash too but at under .40 cents per lb, it's a great deal.

·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,018
    I use Humphrey, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I remember a while back there were some best of the west fans. Through a bulk buy I'm getting my next order of Humphrey for $13.19/20lbs bag. That price includes shipping. I'm getting 30 bags. It will last me through the summer.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 577
    Agreed about the logs in the bag and the sparks. I wet the grass down in my backyard when I use it after sparks set it on fire last summer. 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,747
    Best of the west: $15 for 40lbs.

It would have to suck way worse for me to quit using it.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,018
    Wow, @travisstrick. Wal-Mart's price wasn't nearly that cheap. Royal Oak was cheaper. The Best of the west was only in 5 lb bags.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,747
    SAMs club.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Sam's Club has Best Of The West 20 pound bags for $11.98 a bag. I found it made mainly from cut tree limbs, some of which would not burn? I threw it away,and have noticed my Sam's has not sold much of it!
    ·