Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Modified Pulled Beef

Had a pair of Costco chucks burning a hole in my freezer so fired the Egg up and partially thawed those bad boys out in the mw. Following Haps Stout Pepper Beef using an Amstel to give one away to friends who don't drink beer. The other one is for the wife using red cooking wine, onions, and mushrooms.
image.jpg 2.4M
·

Comments

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,272
    Stacked them at 11:00 am, they're under foil now. Oh yeah, the wife's also has sun dried tomatoes!
    image.jpg 1.7M
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I'm poud of your wife --  she knows better than to waste beer!! ;)
    ·
    Ct, it's really not wasting beer when you can get all you want .... think of it as a growing experience, integrating it into new territory!
    ·
    I did this cook when Hap posted it a few weeks ago, or was it a few months ago??  Really is a winner, actually BETTER than pulled pork!!!  I was suprised on how slow it cooked when getting close to the finish temperature!!
    ·
    You mean when you foiled the beef in the pan ? Did you go up to 350F then ? I'm not one to dilly dally around with a stall, I'll bump it up, it's protected by foil and steam anyway .....
    ·
    And of course it would be better than pulled pork, it has peppers in it!
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Let us know how different they taste from each other. Really curious how the wine version compares. Thx.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
    I smoked the beef at 225 with pecan until it had an internal of 160 degrees then it went in the aluminum foil pan full of veggies plus a can of beef broth - covered tightly and to 210 degrees internal.  Had to take 1  1/2 hours more than pork!!!  
    ·
    The neighbors Amstel version.
    image.jpg 2.5M
    ·
    And the wife's vino version. Both are wunderbar!
    image.jpg 2.8M
    ·
    Congrats- both look KILLER !!!
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,406
    Nice!!!
    ·