Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Been lurking......

Finally went to a dealer and got a Large Egg. I was all pumped up and after I have the Egg in the car the dealer tells me.......we are out of stock on the nest. Bummer! So I have a beautiful Egg sitting in my garage that I can't use until at least Tuesday.
·

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I could have a table built TONIGHT!!!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,558
    Rest it on a few bricks to hold you over.
    Congrats!!!!

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 605
    I feel your pain. I have a large but my xl has been in the garage since mid march.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • I would have either A. Returned it and go else where. B. Ask for a discount for the XL (make sure that nest is in stock), or C. Ask for a good discount on the Large nest. Its obvious he waited til you bought it and had it on your car to say OOOOOPs we dont have a nest.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    That gives you the whole weekend to locate a GOOD source for meat and poultry, so come Tuesday you can get started on the right direction.  I would not cook on an egg that didn't have a secure base -- always remember the dangers of fire...  Good luck on your future egging!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,421
    Use it now, sitting in a table will not have a nest. Your dealer did not have a Egg on the floor in a nest? How is he selling them?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Used my egg for months on a paver. Get cooking!
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    Rest it on a few bricks to hold you over.
    Congrats!!!!

Really man! Put it on anything non flammable and light the beotch up

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,430
    no crap... sit the sob on concrete or pavers and get cooking...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • becox87becox87 Posts: 4
    Is a pizza a good cook to start with? I got the place setter and pizza stone thrown in for free. I am ordering an AR next week, still trying to figure out which set up I want though.
    ·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,558
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • BeaumontyBeaumonty Posts: 171
    becox87 said:

Is a pizza a good cook to start with? I got the place setter and pizza stone thrown in for free. I am ordering an AR next week, still trying to figure out which set up I want though.

Pizza cooks have about ten simple variables to manage. Simple, but multiple. I would go with one practice run to get it stabilized at 350 shut it down and then cook a pork tenderloin or spatchcock chicken. Pizza after you have some cooks under your belt, can control everything and have the hang of researching on the forum.
    ·
  • dougbackerdougbacker Posts: 277
    I used mine for about 2 weeks sitting on cement blocks
    worked great

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

·
  • mine is on a paver  on my deck right now after my table burned down last week. you can get going and I recommend you do right away.

I think @irishDevil would tell you the same thing. and as we all know, that is all that matters.

·