Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A little Duroc pork chops

IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
Mixing up the rubs a bit, never had this before.
·

Comments

• IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    The rubs I mean, Duroc pork is the all time best.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Been planning to fatten and slaughter my own pig this year. Are you saying I should get a Duroc? I was thinking Yorkshire or Landrace.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
    They could be great as well. But a big fan of Duroc.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,790
    How do you like the John Henry rubs? They are on my list to try.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    I definitely tasted the cherry in the cherry chipotle. Nice rub, seemed like a ridiculous amount of sugar. After I put the rib on the chops it turned to a glaze very quickly. But nice actually and I got it 50% off
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,266
    very nice i am big fan of the john henry rubs.  i will ask my dealer to get the cherry chipotle, i have apple chipotle which is awesome on wings and ribs.
    ·