Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Big Cook Weekend

Great cook this past weekend. Started off with Pork Shoulder (Dizzy Dust) and Beef Marrow Bones for Man's Best Friend (can't leave him out!).  Then moved on to smoking cheese (first time!) with the Amaz-En Smoker (Hickory).  Next up were Ribs and 2 Briskets for a BBQ Cook-Off.  Didn't place in Ribs but won First Place Overall with the Brisket.  Used BGE Sweet Maple Rub for the Ribs (Baby Backs - pulled the membrane this time!) and Mickey's Coffee Rub for the Briskets - I think the coffee rub gives brisket the best bark.  Finished off with Stuffed Burgers (a hit with the kiddos).
I think we'll try smoking salmon this weekend.  The hardest part is waiting for the cheese to set up.
Oh, and my bride surprised me with a food saver - this might be the best week of my life.

Brisket Final - APR 13.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M
Cheese Smoking - April 13.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 1M
Pork Shoulder Done.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M
Pork Shouder Grill 2.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M
Pork Shoulder Grill.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 1M
Pork Shoulder Rubbed - Apr 13.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M