Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fire ring

I cleaned out my LBGE recently and when I put the fire ring back, it did not sit flush on the top of the firebox. Hasn't seemed to affect the cooking, just wondering if this is "normal"?

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories
·

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,788
    could you have put it in upsidedown, they are bigger on one side
    ·
  • Very possibly, cutouts on top now, guess I was too lazy to check the instructions

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories
    ·
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373
    Mine is cracked in one place all the way through, but it doesn't affect how it sits.
    Benton,Arkansas
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    Very possibly, cutouts on top now, guess I was too lazy to check the instructions

could you have put it in upsidedown, they are bigger on one side
    what he said by your comment 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • My firing is in correctly but does not sit flush on the bowl. I hope this isn't a problem I've only done about four cook so far and everything seems fine. It's like an imperfect circle.
    ·