Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Gasket Question

I saw on the Kamoto Joe there is a gasket between the Daisy Wheel on the top of the dome, as where the BGE doesn't. I saw on another post there was enough air coming through that it wouldn't snuff out the coals when closed. I can see where there could be air coming through and the gasket would help..

1 Large Big Green Egg
 1 Weber Kettle
 1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
 1 Long Horn Off Set
 1 Bradley Smoker
 1 Weber Silver Gasser
 1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
 1 Orange Thermapen
·

Comments

• caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    edited April 2013
    I have read that people are doing that so if you have extra gasket go ahead it also helps to keep it on when you open the lid
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I put extra gasket inside my ceramic top and now its tight enough that it doesn't try to fall off when I open it or pull my cover off
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    FWIW, my egg used to snuff out with just the ceramic top. I used spare gasket for the same reason @SmokinDAWG82 did. Save my ceramic top.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·