Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Gasket Question

I saw on the Kamoto Joe there is a gasket between the Daisy Wheel on the top of the dome, as where the BGE doesn't. I saw on another post there was enough air coming through that it wouldn't snuff out the coals when closed. I can see where there could be air coming through and the gasket would help..

1 Large Big Green Egg
 1 Weber Kettle
 1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
 1 Long Horn Off Set
 1 Bradley Smoker
 1 Weber Silver Gasser
 1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
 1 Orange Thermapen

Comments

• caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    edited April 2013
    I have read that people are doing that so if you have extra gasket go ahead it also helps to keep it on when you open the lid
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I put extra gasket inside my ceramic top and now its tight enough that it doesn't try to fall off when I open it or pull my cover off
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    FWIW, my egg used to snuff out with just the ceramic top. I used spare gasket for the same reason @SmokinDAWG82 did. Save my ceramic top.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket!