Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Athens, TX Eggfest

Speaking of Eggfests, why do I not see some of you guys signing up for Athens this weekend? 

It is a fantastic venue on the grounds of the Texas Fisheries. The children love it because they are provided with poles and bait and can fish all day. Plus there is a tram ride that takes you around the grounds and a big live fish display. A diver goes in the glass tank and talks about the fish while he is feeding them.

The best part is how great we are treated.  Friday's Meet and Greet is always good food prepared by our hosts. Heck, Al even makes Mojitos until we can't drink them anymore.  I think this year, like last, they are also going to do a crawfish boil. 

On the day of the fest, Brookshire's goes out of their way to help us.  In addition to giving us money to shop in their store, if we forget something during the day they have runners on site to go get whatever we need.  Now that is what I call "taking care of the cooks".

Come on up and join us. You will have a great time!

Judy
Covington, Louisiana USA

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    VERY VERY nice place to be.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I am not attending because I am lame - procrastinated on my taxes (as usual) and some work related things, so I need the weekend to work on them. I wanted to go and cook, since I met many splendid people at Salado. My sister lives in Dallas, so we had thought about going up to visit, with a day spent at the Athens eggfest.

It will hurt even more when folks post about what an awesome time they had there. It really sounds like it will be fun. Lesson learned. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    I wanted to come with my son but SWMBO said we have a wedding to attend. Our neighbor's daughter.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL