Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Whole chicken

Did my first whole chicken on the egg today and it turned out pretty good. I think I'll cook just a little longer next time just because of my own preference, but I cooked until the internal temp was 160 and pulled it and let it rest for a few minutes. The rub I used was a little spicier than i wanted but still good. Next time I'll just use something a little more mild. But all in all a good meal and didn't have any problems during the process. Here is the recipe I used if anyone is interested.

5lb chicken

4 mandarins quartered and stuffed in the butt of the chicken

homemade vinegar basting sauce

Salt Lick's garlic dry rub

olive oil applied to the skin for crispyness

a little butter stuffed in the butt

I did not spatchcock it just cooked it whole on indirect heat at 350 to 400 hundred til it reached 160, about a 1 1/2 hrs and used some apple chips for smoke flavor. I don't recommend the garlic dry rub on the chicken, but it wasn't bad.

IMG_20130407_094832.jpg
1944 x 2592 - 2M
IMG_20130407_130259.jpg
1944 x 2592 - 2M
IMG_20130407_135849.jpg
1944 x 2592 - 2M

Comments