Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Boston Butt

Last night put mustard and tony chacheres (ran outta tonys added a little more after the pic) on it and wrapped it in foil and sat in the fridge over night
Lit the Egg @ 6am, put an R@B oval combo in at 630 and put the meat on @250 at 7. Held temp all day. 
Bone pulled out at 4:40 and took it off at 5 and wrapped it in foil and stuck it in the Yeti till 6. All i have for a thermometer is one of those dang glass ones my wife had and it read 180 i think. The wife wasn't sold on needing to spend "so much" on the R@B combo but after this meal she has nooo problems anymore so now i get to order a Thermapen for the brisket im doing next weekend!!

·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Very nice. Can't beat the 'bone pulled out' test for doneness without a thermo. You will find the Thermopen very usefull.
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Looks good to me, but take the guesswork out of it with a Thermapen!
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    =D>

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·