Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

T for some Thick T-Bones

Pics to follow, Just picked up some 1.5" thick T-bones. I have never done the reverse sear, i was just going to sear and cook at +/- 600. Any suggestions for the egg?

(On a side note, i was only to run to town for some eggs and milk, not an egg bbq shopping list for tonight, the steaks were more than the wife likes to spend, i had my ears well prepared when I came in the house....after hiding out in the garage for a few beer. I am now grounded from my local butcher for a short time...)

imageimage
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 625
    edited April 2013
    Nice looking steaks. With steaks that big if it is you and your wife that is two meals. So that might help ease the price tag.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

• And a few kids here, will prob be cooking both up. My 2 older ones and a friend.
  • seared at 650 - 700, good steak, medium. Only cooked the one, and still fed all 4 of us. oil, course salt, and a bit of steak spice.

imageimageimageimage
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,329
    What'd you do to the shrooms?

Nice steak and meal!!

XLBGE 
  •  

What'd you do to the shrooms? Nice steak and meal!!
    Just had them in a small bit of oil, and some garlic butter and garlic seasoning. Usually always fry them, but had some small pans kicking around so i tossed them on the egg once the butter and oil in the pan was hot.  
  • Forgot to mention, was not in to much trouble because she made some baked garlic shrimp covered with some crispy cheese for an ap. sooo good. :D

• ddeggerddegger Posts: 244
    That meal - steak, shroom, gus - is one of my favorites. Wife and daughter are mostly vegetarian so me and the boy don't get this too often....but your post is making me think that this might just be the week.
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I told my wife for Father's Day I want a huge T-bone. Yours looks outstanding!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,545
    So awesome! I need to send you those adoption papers pronto!