Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Introduction

Hello Have been on the site for a couple of weeks awaiting ability to post New Egg owner (actually taking delivery next week), but almost finished building a table Learning a lot here, and hope to contribute in future Live in Oakville, Ontario - a satellite city of Toronto

Comments

• RoundTownerRoundTowner Posts: 125
    What's the first cook gona be?
  • Probably simple, like direct steak
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,081
    Welcome! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Welcome to our world. Enjoy the ride.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• BuckdodgerBuckdodger Posts: 918
    Welcome aboard !!!

Alexander City,Al
  • Thanks all
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 625
    edited April 2013
    Welcome. Glad to have more on board.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

• johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,876
    You will love the egg and this forum! Welcome. 
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    Probably simple, like direct steak
    I'm new here as well!  And boy, I'm sure glad some people see steaks as simple!  Steaks are probably the hardest thing for me to cook properly and consistently cook them properly.  Definitely post pictures of your first cook!

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,193
    Welcome, Bienvenue! Always room in the asylum for another Canuck.... You are just downwind (generally) from @Little_Steven, on a clear summer night you can probably smell one of his multiple eggs cooking away. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,672
    dpittard said:
    Probably simple, like direct steak
    I'm new here as well!  And boy, I'm sure glad some people see steaks as simple!  Steaks are probably the hardest thing for me to cook properly and consistently cook them properly.  Definitely post pictures of your first cook!
    try reverse sear. i find thicker steaks are easier. indirect, 250 low and slow. i shoot for 100-110 degrees..remove steaks and loosley cover with foil or set out. remove the place setter and let it roll, no top and vent wide open. at 600 i put them back on till 130-135...thermapen is a must. pull and set uncovered for 5 minutes...try it
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    welcome to the BGE cult. Decoder ring is optional, apron is not.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,910
    Welcome from a Oklahoma Egghead here. Looking forward to more posts. 

We like pictures and documenting your cooks are a great way to remember what you would or wouldn't do the next time around to make your food even better. Almost every post somebody can learn something from, either a recipe, technique, or tip it all makes us better eggheads! 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Welcome! Make yourself at home.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,905
    Welcome aboard-Kool-Aid consumption is a personal choice.  Enjoy the journey.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    henapple said:
    try reverse sear. i find thicker steaks are easier. indirect, 250 low and slow. i shoot for 100-110 degrees..remove steaks and loosley cover with foil or set out. remove the place setter and let it roll, no top and vent wide open. at 600 i put them back on till 130-135...thermapen is a must. pull and set uncovered for 5 minutes...try it
    Thanks for the tips!  I'll definitely try that out as soon as I get my Egg.  And I've already got a Thermapen that I use for BBQ, grilling, and homebrew.  I'm guessing that lack of exact control of temp is making cooking stakes harder than it is on a BGE.

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.