Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

raising the grid

What am I gonna need? I've been reading some on the ceramicgrillstore site and im kinda leaning towards the PSwoo2 so I can still use the platesetter, but is that going to give you the option to raise it above the felt line or just flush with it? What are the pros and cons of each of these products?
·

Comments

• I have the Adjustable Rig from CGS.  It can go much above the felt line which I like very much.  Great product! 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,467
    Have two adj rigs and not looking back. I suggest you call Tom by phone Thursday and he will ask a little about your cooking and make a suggestion. Tom is a good guy.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • I have the Adjustable Rig from CGS.  It can go much above the felt line which I like very much.  Great product! 
    The adjustable rig looks great but I didn't see where they are made for the XL Egg..
    ·
  • EggHeadinFloridaEggHeadinFlorida Posts: 428
    edited April 2013
    I have the Adjustable Rig from CGS.  It can go much above the felt line which I like very much.  Great product! 
    Never mnd I found it $94........ The adjustable rig looks great but I didn't see where they are made for the XL Egg..

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,467
    Look how far on adj rig. I like it up high. image image
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    I have a PSWOO2 and love it. CGS has made a grill extender in the past but currently is not. Tom said they will likely restart in the future. I have made a DIY second tier that gets me high in the dome. I'll go look for a previous pix and send you the link
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1299940/#Comment_1299940 The photo is about half way down. I chose to keep my platesetter and go with the woo rather than the AR and buy all new. Having said that anything you get from CGS will be high quality and worth the $. As soon as they make the rig extender again my DIY rig is history
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·
  • newby84newby84 Posts: 51
    Thanks everyone for the advice, I really hate that I bought a platesetter and had a feeling I would lean towards the AR. Called Tom, great guy,he said I should go for the R&B Oval Combo so i ordered one of those. Cant wait to try it out and show the wife why i had to order it lol. Next on the list is a thermapen, but we just bought a house 3 weeks ago so that list is really long!!
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,639
    @newby84-but your priorities are in the right place-SWMBO will make sure the house gets sorted out-you have a higher calling :)>-
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • @newby84 - Welcome to the "Platesetter Buyer's Remorse Club". 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
    edited April 2013
    @lousubcap- swmbo? 

@fred19flintstone- what does everyone do with it now? is it possible to sell it? 
    ·
  • newby84 said:
    @fred19flintstone- what does everyone do with it now? is it possible to sell it? 
    Sure, sell it if you can.  Anything's possible.  Who would buy it?

·
    IDK, my wife has really good luck at selling stuff on craiglist that i cant even give away, may try that.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,639
    @newby84-SWMBO; She Who Must Be Obeyed...
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • ccsmokeccsmoke Posts: 4
    I recently got the 2 tier swing rack from Ceramic Grill Works and tried Mickey's recommendation for the spatchcock chicken (raised direct, 400 degrees for a little under an hour). Best (juiciest) chicken I've ever had. That's how I'm doing chicken from now on. Thank you, Mickey.
    ·
  • lousubcap said:
    @newby84-SWMBO; She Who Must Be Obeyed...

:-@ I-)
    ·