Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Veal Rib roast, pork roast, bbq cabbage, butternut quash and sweet potatoes. Pic heavy

I did a veal rib roast with bbq cabbage, butternut squash and sweet potato purée. Also on the grill, a pork roast to make sandwiches for later on. 350 indirect

Everything was great, but that cabbage stole the show. Pictures will speak for themselves, but basically: cut the core of the cabbage, make a nest for it with aluminium, fry some onions with bacon and fill the cavity. Top with bbq sauce and few chunks of butter. Easy money! Source: Steven Raichlen book I believe

Sorry no plated pics. 
Quebec - Canada

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,837
    Wow- that's fantastic!  I love to see an entire meal on the egg like that!  That could be an advertisement for the AR ;).   Nice work!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,904
    that all looks great. Love the idea of the cabbage
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Nice cook man, have never tried the stuffed cabbage but have always wanted to. You still have snow up there?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BjorgBjorg Posts: 241
    Thanks! Do yourself a favor and try it.

We still have snow but very little. This cook was done 2-3 weeks ago. 

Quebec - Canada