Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Egret's Ham

After looking over everything I decided that Egret's ham would best suit my family.  My wife is not a fan of ham at all and I could take it or leave it.   We went to get one but could only find one that was already hickory smoked so we had to do with this.

Put the paste on with the help of my 8 year old daughter on Saturday night and put it in the fridge for about 16 hours or so.  

Wanted the Ham done around 4 so I put the temp at about 300 and put some apple chunks in for smoke flavor.  This picture was at an internal temp of 90 degrees.

Pulled the Ham at 140 and let it rest while we prepared the other side dishes.   

My wife despises ham and she had seconds and said "This is the best ham I've ever had and we could have this again"  So thanks to Egret for his Ham.    I greatly appreciate it!   It was simply amazing and couldn't stop eating especially the bark!

Comments