Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribs in the rain

I must say, it has been an eggslant week of new egg ownership! Lots to learn, but have turned out some good cooks. Tonight was Rib night. Did 4 racks of baby backs using homemade Dr BBQ rubs and cook plan. Also made a home made 2nd level today for about $25 to cook 4 racks flat. Used a commercial sauce, attempted to make my own sauce as well, but that was a flop. Best news was the ribs where outstanding! Photo quality isn't the best, but had to prove the cook and show off the smoke ring. Very happy with the cook.

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,626
    Nice set up. Great looking ribs.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    They look great and welcome to the addiction! I also did some baby backs today using Dizzy Dust. Making your sauces is trial and error. I make my own sauces because I can't tolerate carbs these days. There are some great sauce recipes on this forum. 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
  • Looks excellent where they tender?

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • Very tender, they passed the bend test and toothpick test. They where not fall off the bone, had proper "bite". The end bones where a bit dry, will probably take one bone off each end next time to shorten racks up just a bit, and get rid of thin ends.
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,163
    Don't let any weather slow u down. That's why for the egg in the first place, so u could laugh at whatever Mother Nature through at you.
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,698
    Those look about as perfect as it gets!!  Great job, @LTAFlynEgg !!!  :)