Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ideas for deep dish pizza stone?

Besides deep dish pizza, what else works well in the deep dish stone? Recipes? Also, can you flip over the deep dish stone and use it like a regular stone? Thanks for you input in advance. Mike
·

Comments

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Quiche, torte, frittatas....deep dish pie such as apple, blueberry, peach...I don't know why you couldn't turn it over but I would use Crisco or othere shortening so things would not stick...
    ·
  • Do you use the oil with every cook or do you just season it and it is good after one good cook?

·
  • HicHic Posts: 348
    My wife sprays it with Pam and we do a Tamale Pie in it. Cooked it yesterday @ Eggtoberfest.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Throw some cookie dough in there for a cookie cake

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·