Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woo and CGW Swing Grid

So I asked for both of these for my birthday but the more I look at them, the more I'm concerned the CGW swing grate won't work with the WOO because its designed for the handles to go through the grid and it doesnt look like the CGW grid will do that...

Does anyone have this set up and can speak to whether it will work?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas

Comments

• gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    For the reason you stated, the swing rack will not work with the Woo.  I have both.
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    I agree that it most likely won't work. My BGE cast iron grate won't work with my WOO3 either. That was a disappointment.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Ditch both and get Adjustable Rig from CGS.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    @Chubbs How is CGS dealing with returns?
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • tamu2009
    @gpsegg you have the woo and AR?
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Get a woo without handles.. Problem solved :D
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • I have a Woo2 with my XL and the CGS swing grate and it works fine.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    I have a Woo2 with my XL and the CGS swing grate and it works fine.
    Same here.  Used them tonight in fact.
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Have the Woo 3 and swing rack.......serve different purposes.but do not work together due to the handles. The swing rack gives me the two levels.
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Woo let's you do raised direct with the Swing Rack.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    I have both and with mine you can't use it with the  Swing Grate due to the handles.  God did create Sawzall's though.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • tamu2009
    @bowhunr I thought about that. But I'm not sure I'd want to take a saw to a brand new piece. I could return it and accomplish the same thing with the AR. right? Maybe be even more versatile?

I guess I'll have to wait and see since some of y'all say it will work and some day it won't. Maybe I'll be lucky and it will work for me, but I'm not holding my breath
  • Solson005
    You can order a woo without handles for the same price. I would go that route with the one with my small for the anticipated swing rack for the small.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I am still trying to figure out why you would want a swing rack ($150) and a woo ($50). Plus pay shipping from 2 companies When you can get the AR for cheaper.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    You can order the woo with ought handles. But I'm with @chubbs ditch both and get the AR

XLBGE 
  • Solson005
    The Swing Rack works better for me and works with the platesetter that most people have, the woo is great too. I just use split bricks to create raised direct for my large but the woo lives in my small. I like to have the best things that work for me and have no problem spending $10 extra dollars in shipping if the come from different companies. The AR is great and the video with the ribs showed me why most of the owners love it so much, but I like the easy to get to the bottom rack of the swing rack and it working with the platesetter that I got with the egg ,way before I knew of anything else, like a lot of people. If your talking about saving on shipping from two companies that would also translate to not going with a method that doesn't work with the platesetter. You definitely aren't going to hurt my feelings if you go for the AR and I will gladly eat the tasty meals off your egg, I just chose the Swing Rack and would do so again and again. Lots of ways to create great food on the egg, I have reasons why I chose my eggcessories and others have theirs..
  • tamu2009
    I chose the swing rack based on the many recs I read hear and how it performs well. I got the woo to be a way to do raised direct.
  • Solson005
    I think you got a great combo, I don't have them for the same egg but I love both of those products.
  • tamu2009
    I guess we'll wait and see. Might be easier to just cut the handles off than sending it back and getting a new one...
  • Solson005
    I've thought about doing thanks when the small swing rack comes out.
  • ghozer
    ghozer Posts: 1
    I recently bought a demo XL egg at Dizzy Fest here in Va and after many conversations with other egg owners, bought both the CGW swing rack and the CGS XLWoo2. Should I be at all concerned about the weight of the swing rack and the pizza stone on the woo for indirect? Still a newb and don't want to break/bend anything.
  • CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    edited June 2013
    Tom and I are in talks about bringing the 2 products together, meaning either we cut a slot for the handles or Tom moves his handles or redesigns them. We're swapping products so we both can look at which method being the easier of the 2. In the mean time, if your really interested in using both take your bottom grate and woo to a local machine shop and have them cut you a slot for the handles, or purchase a woo without handles until Tom and I figure the best solution.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    CGW1 said:

Tom and I are in talks about bringing the 2 products together, meaning either we cut a slot for the handles or Tom moves his handles or redesigns them. We're swapping products so we both can look at which method being the easier of the 2. In the mean time, if your really interested in using both take your bottom grate and woo to a local machine shop and have them cut you a slot for the handles, or purchase a woo without handles until Tom and I figure the best solution.

I think it is awesome that you guys are working together on this.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Mama Roneck
    Mama Roneck Posts: 386
    That's some good ole 'merican innovatin' right there.
    Mamaroneck