Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egret Ham

Options
So my wife went and picked up the ham, however, it's already Hickory smoked...I assume it won't be a bad thing throwing some cherry/apple chunks on there as well when I make it on Easter, right?   
Large BGE

Comments

• Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Options
    Double-smoked ham is good too IMO
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Options
    Boy Eddie I don't know. My inclination would be to go very light with the smoke and do it at the beginning of the cook. Some of this depends on how much the people eating it like smoke flavor, but I think would be very easy to get too much smoke flavor into a ham that has already been cooked with smoke. I'd also be inclined to go with very small chunks or better yet chips so you can keep the amount of smoke down. If it was me I would err on the side of not enough smoke and next time you can always add more. You get too much smoke and some folks just won't want to eat it. Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    John's ham is pretty flavourful. I wouldn't add a lot of smoke

Steve 

Caledon, ON