Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

How I Check Probe Calibration

This might seem obvious to some but I'm pretty simple minded. I check all my temp probes at least once a year. Couple years ago I grabbed a piece of scrap plywood and drilled a hole in it. I get a small pan of water up to a rolling boil, dial back the flame some to keep the radiant heat from the sides to a minimum, then lay this across the top. It fits fairly snug so you can control the depth of the probe tip. BTW, this probe was reading 30 degrees low when I first checked it.

Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,130
    Pretty cool. Mine was 30 low last time too.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • RocEGGRocEGG Posts: 85
    Nice jig! I just held mine with a hot mitt, but that would sure be easy. Mine surprisingly was right on when I checked it when new last summer. Got lucky I guess. Have to check it again soon.
    Rochester, NY  - XL BGE